As one of the first initiatives of this newly founded TCP, the definition phase for the IEA Cities Task 2 is now in full swing. Task 2 will focus on urban energy planning (and related objectives and tasks of this topic), data requirements, tools, methods etc. It will look at how cities and municipalities can make the best use of urban energy planning as an essential tool to enable the necessary transition and to guarantee a high standard of living. As part of this preparation phase, we are currently collecting input from various international experts on this topic and we welcome further contributors to this task.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of energy-related data necessities and potential for urban energy planning
- Foster an exchange of experiences, knowledge, best practices, and use-cases for data-driven urban energy planning
- Facilitate discourse on legislation, regulatory, and socio-economic aspects of urban energy planning
- Identify scientific, regulatory, and data gaps, as well as demands for implementation and research
- Pinpoint potential future topics for the IEA Cities TCP
- Establish a knowledge hub/one-stop-shop on data for urban energy planning, benefiting cities, municipalities, and other stakeholders
Kick-off workshop held on 13th December 2023.
13th and 14th March 2024 second workshop to further work on the activities in the task and to finalise the structure and responsibilities.
To be determined.
Operating Agent & Contact person
AEE – Institute for Sustainable Technologies
Tel.: +43 664 1012851